Swift County 住房 & Redevelopment Authority (HRA)
The Swift County 住房 and Redevelopment Authority (HRA) is dedicated to serve the residents of Swift County, by advocating for fair housing, encouraging rehabilitation of existing housing, new housing construction for low to moderate incomes, promoting economic development, creating community development programs, and overall providing decent safe and affordable housing.
Services and Responsibilities:
HRA works with residents of the county to maintain, 购买, or help pay rent for affordable housing, and managing housing assets. Specific duties include:
- Oversee County 住房 Choice Voucher Program – 83 Vouchers
- Maintaining 36 county-owned townhouses.
- Rehabilitating houses for reuse.
- Co-Funding Demolition of commercial, residential, or dilapidated properties.
- Currently administering small city development grants for Small Cities of 阿普尔顿, 本森, Kerkhoven, 和DeGraff.
Funding for the programs listed come from a variety of federal, state, and local resources. A majority of the funding comes from federal housing and development grants. This funding facilitates the development and administrative costs for the department. Along with federal funding, the HRA works with local government by applying for local housing levies for funding as well.
If you wish to apply to or use any of these programs, contact us at 320-843-4676
In the last five years -
- 74 houses were rehabbed in 阿普尔顿, 本森, Kerkhoven and 默多克.
- 9 houses in 本森 have “proceed to work” letter sent out for this summer
- 3 Rental properties were rehabbed in 本森
- 3 Commercial properties have been rehabbed in 本森
- 15 houses are in the pipeline for Kerkhoven 和DeGraff
In the last 12 months –
- $420,499 has been paid to area contractors for rehab
- $120,363 has been spent on maintenance on the HRA owned townhouses
- $216,771 has been spent on rental assistance for 70 Swift County tenants.
And none of the money was local tax payer dollars!
The Swift County HRA office is located in the basement of the Swift County Courthouse in 本森, office hours are 8:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. 星期一至星期五.